BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why I Need to Let Go of Stress

I have been freaking out so much lately about every little thing. Senior requirements, my relationship, my family, my friends...and for what? I had a total epiphany just a second ago and now I'm wondering...did I completely lose my mind t o be worrying that much?

I've been playing this game kind of like the Sims. I don't know why I play such childish games, but I do. That's not the point.

The little characters on my game started freaking out a couple minutes ago because they didn't have any food. Sure, I can see why this would be a problem. But I was fairly amused at how worried the tiny Sim-like people were. If I'm taking care of getting food for them, why should they be worried about it? Do these little computer people not realize that I'm not going to starve them? Sure they're imaginary creatures, but I'm taking care of them anyway, right?

That's where my life is right now. Why am I so worried about what should be trivial matters? Do I not know that God is taking care of me? Do I not believe in His strength? Do I not have faith that he won't starve me of what I need? God is always there and He has always been there. If I am so worried about not having the necessities to live, then am I really anything more than a character on a game? Am I more than a figment of a programmer's imagination? No.

I'm praying that God will help me to realize His strength every day and to take note of it. He is great. He can do anything. Who am I to forget that?

0 comments: